Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Praises!!!

Can you guess by the title what I am going to say?

Michael had a 3rd EEG this morning, this time at the neurologist's office. His EEG was normal, and he has been cleared. Of course, the neurologist says it's because the EEG was done in his office, by his technician, where he can control everything. (Hmm, 2 EEGs showing suspicious activity, and he wants to take the credit for the normal 3rd one? Possible, but I think there's more to it than that.) The MRI he had the other day was normal as well. The neurologist believes that the blinking is a mannerism that Michael has developed, aka motor tic.

Yes, we will continue to watch Michael. Yes, there is still a possibility that he could develop seizures, but so could any of the rest of us. I will be speaking to his teacher and the other school staff so they will know what to look for in case he does begin to have them.

Do I believe that this is the end of the matter? My belief is, probably not. My hope and prayer, "Please God, let Michael be completely healed of this and never have to worry about it again." Realistically, I know God's will for our lives is also God's perfect will, even if we question it.

Thank you everyone for your love, prayers, and support.

No comments: