Saturday, June 20, 2009

Update

So much time has passed since my last post.



The kids and I got chased out of our house by a hard cold snap at the end of January. Ronnie came home from Tyler, found out we didn't have hardly insulation left in the attic. Then the company he worked for went under, so he had plenty of time to do some work to the house. Our living room is gorgeous!



I have finished my first semester back in college, and on the Dean's List no less. I'm taking another class this summer. After Ronnie's job went the way of almost all the other oilfield jobs, I worried about how to pay for school and if I would ever be able to finish. Oddly, more financial aid has since been applied to my account.



The kids finished school quite well. Kimberly showed marked improvement over the beginning of the year (my little Energizer bunny). Michael made the A honor roll, commended performance on both his TAKS tests, and did exceptionally well in the AR reading program. He was knighted. Hadassah made 1st division on her viola solo, A honor roll, commended performance on both of her TAKS tests, and she was crowned queen in the AR reading program. I will try to get the pictures off of Ronnie's computer and post them. Stephan will start PK-3 at Austin next year with Ms Richter (Kimberly's teacher from PK-4 & Kindergarten). Hadassah was accepted into the AP program at Bowie. She will continue to study viola in Bowie's orchestra and is going to try tennis this next year.

Hadassah was also nominated by her teacher for the National Junior Leadership Conference in Washington DC. She will be attending the Discover Medicine & Science conference at Johns Hopkins University July 6-11. We have only one more tuition payment, airfare, and incidentals; so, we're still trying to raise money for her. Speaking of, I have spent enough time on here... I have to get busy and nudge her along as well.

See you all later!

No comments: